New booklet: Extreme firing techniques
A new booklet!
"extreme firing techniques"
For a year we experimented with the "rakuvaria extrem" clay.
In this booklet you will find 80 pages of inspiration for working with special firing techniques:
- Raku firing in the raku kiln without biscuit firing first
- Yes, even raku firing, also with glaze, in a open fire, so without a raku kiln is possible!
- Freshly made work firing within 3 hours in a oven, open fire, fireplace, etc.
- Even freshly made work will be fired within 1 hour in a microwave at 1000 degrees celcius etc. etc.
- The information in this booklet gives great new possibilities for working with groups, children, schools, therapists and of course for everyone who loves adventure and like to experiment and do not want of can not wait a week
- In this booklet also tips for wich other types of clay this way of working also can be applied
Price including 6% VAT €17.50
4 languages: Dutch-German-French-English
price incl. 6% VAT €17,50
From our shop
Rakuvaria 2, German.
A publication by Ine and Ed Knops
The most complete and concrete Rakubook.
Over 300 pages, 34 chapters, step-by-step descriptions clarified by use of 470 pictures in colour of e.g.
Raku, Naked-raku, Copper matt, Terra sigillata, Sagger firing, smoking-techniques, stoking Raku in a
microwave, sawdust oven, Pit-fire, Aluminium foil technique, charcoal oven, glaze recipes, Raku oven
building, stoking Raku without smoke nuisance, etc.
A complete full-colour hardcover book printed on firm paper.
Price € 57
Shipping costs of + € 5 are charged for shipment within EU countries.
First published in March 2003
Rakuvaria 2 has also been published in French, German and Dutch.
This book can be directly ordered on this website.
Rakuvaria 3! (Dutch) Attention! Rakuvaria 2 is the basis, Rakuvaria 3 describes new techniques! In Rakuvaria 3 many unusual techniques and experiments are again explained step by step. In 13 chapters are described various smoking techniques with the help of, for example, milk, flour and plant extracts, crocodile glaze and many variations thereof, 70 new glaze recipes, ways to save on energy during raku firings and various unusual firing techniques. It is also to be noted that most subjects are explained using homemade YouTube movies. 2014, format 17 cm x 24.5 cm, hard cover, 192 pages, 9 graphs and 384 colour photographs. Shipping costs + €5 are charged for shipment within EU countries. Rakuvaria 2 = no blah blah, but AHA! Rakuvaria 3 = much more AHA!!!