Rakuvaria 3 workshop
Rakuvaria 3 workshops 2016:
With this workshop we want to make you acquainted with, besides new developments in the raku technique, several separate firing techniques, which are described in Rakuvaria 3.
- Create your own raku glazes.
- How to influence the crackle effect.
- Raku and energy saving.
2. Crocodile-skin technique
- Mosaic effect
- Two glazes over one other
- Raku and crocodile skin glaze on 1 piece
- Milk technique
- Flour soup technique
- Smoke technique, clay on clay
Information about these workshops:
You come with biscuit fired work to us and we will show you different stoking techniques. We will stoke simultaneosly in 4 different kilns. Every different technique will be thoroughly explained and you will be able to put these in practice afterwards. Learning of techniques is most important on a workshop day and not the firing of as many works as possible
Costs for 1 day € 110,-- incl lunch.
Max. 15 persons.
Your own work:
- You can bring max. 4 pieces with a maximum of 10 x 10 cm and with a maximum height of 20 cm
- You can choose to test a technique on our vases for an expense of € 3,--
- White clay with groghas more options
- Smoothly finished work usually brings better results
- PAY ATTENTION! Day 2: polished work usually brings better results
- You will have less chance of fraction when using clay with a lot of grog ( 40% ), coarse grog grains ( 1 to 2 mm ), biscuit bakes 900°C, regular wall thickness.
Applying by email is prefered: firstname.lastname@example.org
Signing up for 1 day is also possible. ( STAAT NIET IN DE NL se VERSIE?? )
We require a deposit of € 25,-- a day, the remaining amount you can pay us during the workshop. Upon cancellation, the deposit is considered cost for reservation.
We also have an apartment available for overnight accommodation.
The rakuvaria team: Ine, Ed, Pieter, Sanjeevani, Irèsha
From our shop
Microwave kiln, small.
Raku Firing in a microwave oven!
The useful space in the kiln is Ø 7 cm and 4 cm high.
Since the ovens are commonly used in glass fusing, we've added something to the article, i.e. an extra sturdy base made of insulating brick.
The ovens are ideal for small jewelry making and for example to make glaze-samples: www.microwave-hotpot.com
New kiln shelve 250x250x9mm
Sphinx Mulcorit max 1200 °C
Do you want to get a better grip on crackle formation when firing raku? Then this laser temperature meter is an ideal tool.
You get a workpiece from the hot kiln. You measure the temperature with the laser meter and wait until the temperature has dropped to a certain value.
Now you place it in the sawdust and you are assured of crackles on the end result.
Also ideal with, for example, smoking techniques, such as burning in horse hair, etc.
A temperature schedule is provided with this article, with indications, at which temperatures crackle, burn-in possibilities, etc.